Jute-cotton sarees anyone?
If you have not tried this particular combo and are curious to know more, read on…
We all know about jute – it is a long, soft, shiny vegetable fibre that can be spun into coarse, strong threads. Jute is one of the most affordable natural fibres and is second only to cotton.
Jute cotton is a distinctive fabric which is a blend of cotton and jute. The result is a very eco-friendly and versatile material which is perfect for creating sarees with a long life and a unique drape.
Jute cotton sarees are particularly great for the winter, offering excellent insulation without sacrificing breathability. A jute cotton saree is perfect for casual or every day wear; though the more elaborate sarees have a certain stately appeal which is also suited for work or formal occasions.
Jute fibers are always known as strong, coarse, environment friendly, and organic. Here are some more highlights of jute
- Jute fiber is 100% bio-degradable and recyclable and thus environmentally friendly.
- Jute is a natural fiber with golden and silky shine and hence called The Golden Fiber.
- Jute is the cheapest vegetable fiber procured from the bast or skin of the plants stem.
- Jute is the second most important vegetable fiber after cotton, in terms of usage, global
- Consumption, production, and availability
Next time you wish to go for a saree that makes a difference to you and to the environment, ask if your favorite saree shop stocks jute-cotton sarees. Or try to find another shop that does!